The SMART Team has developed guidelines for returning to worship inside the sanctuary. The full Gethsemane Lutheran Church Preparedness Plan is available upon request by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the church office.
Meetings of small groups inside the church building may be scheduled through the church office. The church is a public building and masks and social distancing of 6 feet or more are required at all times. For indoor worship to be as safe and successful as possible, we must follow these guidelines:
- Members are asked to conduct a health self-assessment before coming to worship. If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay home and seek medical attention.
- Cloth face coverings are required for all in attendance, following state mask mandates for indoor public spaces. Masks will be available if needed.
- All spaces other than sanctuary, narthex, and restroom will be closed during worship. Please keep all coats and belongings with you.
- There will be no nursery available. Children should remain with their families at all times.
- Bulletins and offering baskets will be available at the sanctuary entrance.
- When entering worship, please sit as far forward in the sanctuary as possible. We will fill the sanctuary from front to back and will dismiss from back to front at the end of worship. This means you may not be able to sit in your favorite spot.
- Speaking and singing will be limited and members are asked to keep voices as quiet as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the pews for all attendees.
- Communion may be provided for those who are comfortable with receiving. Please follow the directions of the pastor and ushers for communion.
- There will be no coffee hour following worship. Please refrain from visiting inside the building and maintain social distancing while visiting outdoors before and after worship.
We will continue livestreaming our worship on our Facebook page and broadcasting on the radio at 104.5 FM if you would like to listen in your car from the north parking lot. Please call the church office if you need help finding our worship videos online.
If you attended worship or a meeting at church and you have reason to believe you may be infected with COVID-19: Inform the pastor as soon as you can. Any personal health information provided to the pastor will be maintained confidentially. Those who were present will be informed that they have been put at risk of contracting COVID and that testing is advised.
If you are unable to attend in-person worship for any reason, please know that you are still beloved children of God and members of the body of Christ and the Gethsemane family. If you have a prayer concern or pastoral care need, please contact Pastor Amy (email@example.com or 720-355-4038).