- Ways to Worship
In-person Worship Resuming
The congregation council has voted to resume in-person worship in our sanctuary. Please review GUIDELINES FOR INDOOR WORSHIP in separate post.
We will continue to stream our worship on our Facebook page. Tune in on Sundays at 9:00 am to participate live with other members. The video will remain on our Facebook page throughout the week.
Our worship video will also be made available to watch on YouTube. Search for “Gethsemane Lutheran Church Virtual Worship” to find the video.
TV-Channel 5 (Mediacom)
Mondays – 6:30 pm
Tuesdays – 4:00 pm
Wednesdays – 10:00 am
Fridays – 7:00 pm
Sundays – 8:00 am (one week behind)
- Come Worship With Us!
April 1st at 6:30pm
This will be a time of home blessing and prayer.
April 2nd at 6:30pm
In-person and live-streamed.
Easter Sunday, April 4th
Drive-in Sunrise Service in the south parking lot.
9:00 and 11:00am
In-person and live-streamed.
**Reservations required for 9:00 and 11:00am Easter Sunday services due to social distancing precautions. Please call the church office to reserve your seat(s) at 218-741-4961.
- Make our “Live-Stream Dream” Come True
The ministry of live-streaming our worship online has been fruitful and helpful to many members and friends of Gethsemane throughout the past year. Because of this, the church council has determined that we should continue live-streaming even after we return to “normal” worship patterns and that using individual personal devices is not sustainable. Therefore, we are asking for special donations to buy a high-quality video camera and accessories for live-streaming and other recordings. We hope to raise $2500 to be matched by our Mission Endowment Fund. Please use the designated “Live-Stream Dream” envelopes to give to this specific fund. Gifts received over and above the $2500 needed will be designated to the worship budget for future audio/visual funding needs. If you have questions about the specifics of the equipment proposed, please contact Bill Bauman.
- Scripture for April
April 4: Resurrection of Our Lord
Isaiah 25: 6-9
Mark 16: 1-8
April 11: Second Sunday of Easter
Acts 4: 32-35
John 20: 19-31
April 18: Third Sunday of Easter
Acts 3: 12-19
Luke 24: 36b-48
April 25: Fourth Sunday of Easter
Acts 4: 5-12
John 10: 11-18
- Guidelines for Indoor Worship
The SMART Team has developed guidelines for returning to worship inside the sanctuary. The full Gethsemane Lutheran Church Preparedness Plan is available upon request by email (email@example.com) or at the church office. Meetings of small groups inside the church building may be scheduled through the church office. The church is a public building and masks and social distancing of 6 feet or more are required at all times.
For indoor worship to be as safe and successful as possible, we must follow these guidelines:
- Members are asked to conduct a health self-assessment before coming to worship. If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay home and seek medical attention.
- Cloth face coverings are required for all in attendance, following state mask mandates for indoor public spaces. (Masks will be available if needed)
- All spaces other than sanctuary, narthex, and restroom will be closed during worship. Please keep all coats and belongings with you.
- There will be no nursery available. Children should remain with their families at all times.
- Bulletins and offering baskets will be available at the sanctuary entrance.
- When entering worship, please sit as far forward in the sanctuary as possible. We will fill the sanctuary from front to back and will dismiss from back to front at the end of worship. (This means you may not be able to sit in your favorite spot)
- Speaking and singing will be limited and members are asked to keep voices as quiet as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the pews for all attendees.
- Communion may be provided for those who are comfortable with receiving. Please follow the directions of the pastor and ushers for communion.
- There will be no coffee hour following worship. Please refrain from visiting inside the building and maintain social distancing while visiting outdoors before and after worship.
We will continue to livestream our worship on our Facebook page at 9am on Sundays. The video will be available throughout the rest of the week as well.
Worship through YouTube
Search for “Gethsemane Lutheran Church Worship” playlist which is available throughout the week.
Local Public Access TV
Worship is still available on TV on Channel 5 (Mediacom).
The schedule is: Mondays @ 6:30pm
Tuesdays @ 4:00pm
Wednesdays @ 10:00am
Fridays @ 7:00pm
Sundays @ 8:00am (one week behind)
If you attended worship or a meeting at church and you have reason to believe you may be infected with COVID-19, inform the pastor as soon as you can. Any personal health information provided to the pastor will be maintained confidentially. Those who were present will be informed that they have been put at risk of contracting COVID and that testing is advised.